13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
God created the human body, which is so amazing and wonderful, however, we never have the time to appreciate and thank our creator for its wonderful complexities and capabilities. Here are ten strange facts about our body that will drive you to praise and glorify our magnificent creator.
- We have around 100,000 hair follicles on our head, and each is capable of producing 20 individual hairs during our lifetime. About 3 to 7 years is the lifespan of a human hair.
- Our eye will focus on about 50 things per second. Our eyes use about 65 percent of our brainpower, which is more than any other part of our body.
- Our fingernails grow around “three to four times” faster than toenails. The fastest growing nail is the one on our middle finger. The slowest growing nail is our thumbnail.
- Our nose is capable of remembering 50,000 different scents.
- On average, a human sheds about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
- Each day, our heart creates enough energy that can drive a truck for 32 kilometers (20 miles).
- The DNA in all the cells of our body would stretch 10 billion miles (from Earth to Pluto and back) if uncoiled.
- Our heart pumps nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood during our lifetime, which is adequate to fill 200 train tank cars.
- We are the only species that can produce emotional tears, while other mammals make distress calls.
- The masseter or jaw muscle, based on its weight, is the strongest muscle in our body.