Here we will discover five guidelines to rational decision making and 14 Bible verses that will help us make wise decisions. Moreover, we will say a prayer that will help us gain clarity, peace, and a practical outlook.
Table of Contents
Meaning of Decision Making
5 Guidelines to Effective Decision Making
Have you always struggled to make decisions, either big or small? Many people chose not to decide, while others simply procrastinate. What happens when you avoid making decisions? Delaying decisions is likely to lead to lost opportunities, cost time and money, make the crisis worse, cause uncertainty, and sometimes have serious socioeconomic implications.
Given below are five guidelines that will help you to make quicker and more calculated decisions.
- Do not try to make decisions regarding all the issues that you are facing at one go. You will always be able to find the answers to the problems and make intuitive decisions as you move along.
- You need to be ‘collaboratively independent.’ Procure your information from reliable sources and then act swiftly instead of consulting with everyone or waiting for a committee to make decisions.
- You need to turn your mind off for a little while every day since certain answers crop up when your brain is given an opportunity to scan the data presented to it. Your mind always comes up with a different approach to tackle the issue at hand when you give it some rest.
- As a decision maker, rely more on your intuition than your analysis. Remember, analytical decisions always do not solve the issues at hand.
- When you make a wrong decision, admit it and go forward. Rectify your errors and move on immediately.
14 Bible Verses About Decision Making
Here are 14 Bible verses about decision making that will inspire and encourage you.
A Prayer for Guidance in Decision Making
Dear Loving God,
I come to Your awesome presence dazed and confused in this moment of distress and uncertainty. I plead with You to give me wisdom and understanding to make the right decisions. Please give me Your peace and calm my mind so that I would see the options set before me clearly with discretion. Let not my situations and insecurities distract me from the set objectives.
Help me to pray diligently and trust in You as I battle these tough decisions. Enable me to discern logically, shield me from erroneous judgment, and protect me from selfish motives.
I know that You will work out every situation for me and make all things work together for good. Please remove the hurdles holding me back from progress and help me to be confident when I determine the next steps to take. Give me a spirit of humility and graciousness and help me patiently wait for Your direction and guidance.
I surrender in faith and obedience.
In the wise name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
7 Steps in the Traditional Decision Making Process (Bonus Content)
Let us now look at the seven key steps of the decision making process.
Our collection of Bible Verses by Topic will encourage you to read the Word of God daily, will target the very issue you are dealing with at the moment, and motivate you to find your strength in Jesus Christ.
It’s actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay informed like this. Thanks for sharing.