Our God created the human brain that has over 100 billion neurons, which is about the number of stars in the Milky Way. The brain intricately combines visible and invisible material, which is capable of rational and critical thought. Its main purpose was to understand the divine purpose of God.
Some quick facts about the most complex organ in the human body.
- Around 60 percent of the human brain comprises fat, which makes it the fattest organ in the human body.
- On average, the brain has 86 billion nerve cells (neurons) — the “gray matter” and billions of nerve fibers (axons and dendrites) — the “white matter”. A neuron is a specialized nerve cell that uses electrical and chemical signals to process and transmits information.
- The human brain has no pain receptors. Hence, it feels no pain.
- It weighs about 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kilograms) and makes up about 2 percent of a human’s body weight.
- The concept of the “Left Brain/Right Brain” divide is a myth. They always work together as a system.
- While awake, your brain can generate around 23 watts of power, enough energy to power a light bulb.