Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing.
Most of us have the habit of postponing things primarily because of laziness and fear. We fear the unknown future and cannot act. Procrastination is one of the biggest obstacles to achievement, growth, and success. When we procrastinate, we waste valuable time and resources and put off important activities that we should be doing. It leads to needless worry and stress and paves the way for an unfulfilled life and career.
Before you look at the strategies, which can help you tune out distractions and focus on tasks, ask God to help achieve your goals with clarity, precision, and discretion. Here are the seven simple strategies.
- Set your goalposts and decide that you will not turn back and quit until you achieve what you desire.
- Understand why you need to achieve your goals and how will you enjoy it.
- Do not decide regarding all the issues you are facing at one go. You will always be able to find the answers to the problems and make intuitive choices as you move along.
- Develop a clear plan with action steps to help reach your goals.
- Do not be a perfectionist. Remember, Rome was not built in a day.
- When you make a wrong decision, admit it and move forward. The speedier you correct and turn around, the faster your positive results will be.
- Be accountable for your goals and do not allow yourself any excuses.
Remember, don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. If we wait until we are ready, we will wait for the rest of our lives.